Monday, December 6, 2010

Advent Poems (1)











Isaiah 9:2 The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; those who dwelt in a land of deep darkness, on them has light shined.

Zec 2:10 Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion, for behold, I come and I will dwell in your midst, declares the LORD.



Advent I

born to purple
poor is the Christ child
carried on angel wings

who ransomed his equality
in coming through the birth
canal under the law

humbled to a stall in Bethlehem
leaves of grass his cradle
dirt birthplace of our servant king

more precious than gold
lording over all coronations
that history applauds

amidst the wind and withering

Advent II

the star of Bethelem
wakes men out of stupor

in the land
of the shadows of death

Emmanuel's great light calls
all exiles to the sheep pen

to kneel before the royal babe
who appears the word

of the Father in his flesh
without stain

my Lord and my God
at thy birth


No comments:

Post a Comment